In DyLes we’re accredited and authorized by the government of the Community of Madrid to provide services to people in a dependency situation through the economic benefit linked to service.
This benefit is known as “Cheque Servicio“, and its purpose is to contribute to the financing the service’s cost.
This service has many advantages:
- Free choice of services: The user decides the professional or center with whom he/she wants to be attended. This professional must be accredited.
- Quality of care: As this service is only provided by entities and professionals authorized by the Community of Madrid, it guarantees quality and professional competence that are technically recognized and approved, since the Community of Madrid is in charge of inspecting these professionals/centers.
- Economic benefit linked to the service: The economic amount is established according to the economic situation of the beneficiary is established according to the economic capacity of the beneficiary and the degree of dependency.
In other words, with the “Cheque Servicio” the recipient will look for the resource that most interests him/her in the private sector and the Community of Madrid will help him/her to finance the cost with a monthly amount.
How to apply for dependency?
First of all, the degree of dependency from the person to be assisted must be known.
The recognition of the situation of dependency is requested at the Social Services corresponding to the address where you are registered through a social worker. You can consult the social service centers and make an appointment by clicking here or by calling the 010 and 012 Citizen Information telephone numbers.
It is necessary to attach the following documentation:
- Application for recognition of dependency.
- Copy of valid DNI/NIE of the beneficiary or representative (in the case of minors without DNI).
- Registration in the Community of Madrid.
- Health report, which must be prepared on a standardized form and signed by a licensed physician (you can ask your pediatrician). It will include the main pathology that causes the dependency and cannot be older than three months.
- Copy of the resolution of recognition of the degree of disability.
- Statement on the economic and patrimonial capacity.
- Authorization of verification, on the part of the competent public administrations, of the necessary data for the determination of the economic capacity and the recognition of the right to the services or benefits or, in its defect, copy of the declaration of the Personal Income Tax.
Once all the documentation has been submitted, the Directorate General for the Coordination of Dependency will contact the interested party to set a date and time for the assessment at home or at a specific center for this purpose.
This assessment is carried out by a professional with a social-health profile and specific training in the application of the Scale for the Assessment of the Situation of Dependency.
In Madrid, in the case of children under 6 years old, the assessments are made both at home and at CRECOVI.
After this assessment, two options are open:
- Resolution of the degree of dependency and user agreement: The Directorate General for the Coordination of Dependency will contact the person concerned again to establish his/her Individual Care Program (PIA) according to his/her degree of dependency and will agree on the mode of intervention best suited to his/her needs and preferences. At this point we apply for the “Service Check” or the Service-Linked Financial Benefit.
- Resolution of your degree of dependency and user disagreement: You must apply to the Directorate General for Coordination of Dependency for a review of the case or file an appeal with the Social Affairs Council within one month from the day following notification of the resolution.
There are three degrees of dependency:
Grade 1 – Moderate dependence: needs support at least once a day or has intermittent or limited support needs for personal autonomy.
Grade 2 – Severe dependence. Needs help two or three times a day, but does not require the permanent support of a caregiver.
Grade 3 – Severe dependence: Needs help several times a day or, due to total loss of autonomy, requires the continuous support of another person.
The recognition of the degree of dependency will determine the services or financial assistance that correspond to the applicant, according to his/her needs.
The procedure, from the entry of the documentation in the Community of Madrid, to the resolution of the degree of dependency and the Individual Care Program (PIA), will not exceed 6 months.
Once the degree of dependency has been recognized and the amount to be granted, the professional who will provide the service must be asked to register the service and the user on the platform of the Community of Madrid.
For more information on the corresponding entity, click here.